This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
The protection of your personal data is important to us.
This Policy also describes the way of using, sharing and protecting your personal data, the rights you have with respect to your personal data, and how you can contact us. For any questions you may have about this Policy, as well as any issue related to the processing of your Data and the exercise of your rights, you may contact us at the above contact details of the Firm.
Table of Contents
- 1. A few words about our Websites
- 2. What is personal data?
- 3. What is the Processing of Personal Data?
- 4. What Data do we collect from you?
- 5. For what purpose do we collect your Data?
- 7. Who are the recipients of your Data?
- 8. How do we ensure that our associates respect your Data?
- 9. Do we send your Data outside the EU?
- 10. When do we delete your Data?
- 11. Is your Data safe?
- 12. What are your rights?
- 13. How can you exercise your rights?
- 14. When do we respond to your Requests?
- 15. Do we make use of automated decision-making/ including profiling when processing your Data?
- 16. What is the applicable law when we process your Data?
- 17. How will you be informed of any changes to this Policy?
1. A few words about our Websites
The business named ARENCOS for your more complete information and better service has created and manages the websites arencos.com, arencores.com, myplaceinchania.com, chaniarealestate.com, realestatechania.com, and thinkcreterealestate.com.
- www.arencores.com is the website of our real estate division with news from the real estate market of Crete and the world, analyses, exclusive issues, reports, etc.
- www.myplaceinchania offers dedicated real estate services for property buyers, investors, and property owners.
- thinkcreterealestate.com provides advice and knowledge about the real estate market of Crete.
- www.realestatechania is a source of information with useful tips and the latest real estate news from the property market of Chania, Crete.
- www.chaniarealestate offers you an exclusive list of properties from the Prefecture of Chania and information about the property buying process.
- www.arencos.com is the official website of our architectural and engineering firm with a lot of information about the construction process in Crete, Greece.
2. What is personal data?
The term “personal data” refers to information of natural persons, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, contact telephone number, etc., which identifies or can identify your identity, hereinafter referred to as “Personal Data or Data”.
3. What is the Processing of Personal Data?
Any action or set of actions carried out, with or without the use of automated means, on Personal Data or on personal data sets, such as collection, registration, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, a search of information, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of making available, the association or combination, restriction, deletion or destruction.
4. What Data do we collect from you?
We collect only your absolutely necessary Data, which is appropriate and relevant for the purpose for which it is intended.
Specifically, we collect,
a) Identity Data (e.g. name, surname)
b) Contact Data (e.g. telephone number, e-mail address, postal address)
c) Access data (e.g. passwords, username)
d) Data collected through Cookies (e.g. IP). For detailed information see our Cookies Policy.
We do not collect special categories of data – such as information about your political views, religion, health or sexual orientation – unless you choose to provide such information (e.g. in the content of your response to a comment on our articles)
5. For what purpose do we collect your Data?
We collect your Data in order to:
a) subscribe to our publications,
b) enjoy user account services,
c) contact with you to resolve your questions,
d) enter your comments in our articles,
e) publish your announcement,
f) conduct a reader’s satisfaction survey, the promotion of our products / or and services, send newsletters for products and/or services,
g) notify you through “push” notifications for new messages or updated content,
h) manage the website and the connected applications,
i) draw conclusions from votes and general data for research or statistical purposes,
j) conduct competitions and announce and give gifts to the winners,
k) analyze the content displayed on the websites,,
l) be advertised by us (relates to natural persons).
6. What is the legal basis for the processing of your Data by the Company?
We collect your Data only if we have a legitimate reason for their processing. In any case, processing will be based on one of the following legal bases:
a) the contractual relationship between us or the taking of measures at the pre-contractual stage. For example, when you become our subscribers, you will need to enter your first and last name, contact and shipping details, payment details to enable purchase of our subscription and delivery of our newspaper either in printed or electronic form.
b) your consent, where required, as for example in the case where there is no previous transaction and you wish to receive a newsletter. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
c) the Company’s legal obligations. In some cases we may have a legal obligation to use or maintain your Data because it is provided for as our obligation by law, such as tax legislation.
d) the legitimate interest of the Company. In some cases it is necessary to understand our readers, promote our services and effectively exploit our websites for the creation, publication and distribution of news and related journalistic content both online and in print. For example, we rely on our legitimate interest when analyzing the content displayed on the websites to understand how they are used.
7. Who are the recipients of your Data?
Only the absolutely necessary personnel of the Why Chania has access in your Data, which personnel is bound with confidentiality obligations.
Your Data may be disclosed to our associate companies of technical support & software maintenance, website management, provision of payment services, provision of software for the management of electronic newsletters, platform for the management of submitting comments on articles, granting of competition gifts, as well as distribution of content and press release.
8. How do we ensure that our associates respect your Data?
Our associates have agreed and are committed to:
- to maintain confidentiality,
- not send your Data to third parties without our permission,
- take appropriate technical and organizational security measures,
- comply with the legal framework for the protection of personal data and in particular Regulation 979/2016/EU (otherwise GDPR).
9. Do we send your Data outside the EU?
We do not send your Data outside the EU, with the exception of:
- Data you fill in when you comment on an article posted on our website, as the function is provided by the online platform https://disqus.com/disqus inc. In this case, appropriate data transfer warranties are maintained, as Disqus Inc is certified as a Privacy Shield.
- the email address Data for sending the whychania.com newsletter, with the use of the electronic newsletter management software of The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp, which is certified as a Privacy Shield.
10. When do we delete your Data?
Your Data is kept by Why Chania only for as long as it is required for the fulfillment of the purpose for which you have shared them with us unless an extension of this period is required due to our legal claims or legal obligations.
Your declaration of consent to send a newsletter is kept for as long as a newsletter is sent to you by us and in any case for no more than six months from the termination of its sending.
User account Data are maintained for as long as the user account is active, unless a new processing reason occurs for some of them.
We keep your subscription Data for as long as you are a subscriber of our services and for as long as there is a legal obligation to maintain them or a legal claim to pay the price.
For the retention time of the Data collected through cookies you can be informed by the Cookies Policy.
11. Is your Data safe?
Recognizing the importance of the safety of your Personal Data, we have taken all appropriate organizational and technical measures for the security and protection of your Data from any unauthorized access, misuse, alteration, prohibited dissemination, disclosure, loss or accidental / unlawful destruction and any other form of unlawful processing. Those measures shall be reviewed and amended where necessary.
12. What are your rights?
– You have the right to access your Data.
This means that you have the right to be informed by us how and what Data of yours we process. You can ask to be informed about the purpose of the processing, the type of data we hold about you, to whom we give it, how long we store it, if automated decision-making takes place.
– You have the right to correct inaccurate Data.
If you find that there is an error in your Data, you can submit to us a request for the correction of your inaccurate Data and the completion of incomplete data (e.g. correction of name or update of a change of address of dispatch of our publications), so that it is complete and accurate.
– You have the right to deletion.
You may ask us to delete your Data if they are no longer necessary for the above-mentioned processing purposes.
– You have the right to portability of your Data.
You may ask us to receive in a readable form the Data you have provided or ask us to transmit it to another controller.
– You have the right to restrict processing.
You may ask us to restrict the processing of your Data for as long as the examination of your objections to the processing is pending.
– You have the right to revoke/object to the processing of your Data
You may object at any time to the processing of your Data or withdraw your consent, where it has been required and we will stop the processing of your Data, if there are no other compelling and legitimate reasons that prevail over your right or if they are no longer necessary for the above-mentioned processing purposes.
13. How can you exercise your rights?
You can exercise your rights by submitting completed the standard applications that you will find below either at our postal address (26, Stratigou Tzanakaki Street, 73134, Chania, Crete, Greece) or at the email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUEST FOR DELETION OF PERSONAL DATA
REQUEST FOR CORRECTION OF INACCURATE PERSONAL DATA
REQUEST FOR WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT FOR THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATAN
REQUEST FOR ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
REQUEST FOR PERSONAL DATA PORTABILITY
REQUEST FOR OBJECTION TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
REQUEST FOR RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
14. When do we respond to your Requests?
We respond to your Requests free of charge without delay, and in any case within (1) one month from the time we receive your request. However, if your Request is complex or there is a large number of your Requests, we will inform you within the month if we need to receive an extension of another (2) two months within which we will respond to you.
If your Requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, especially due to their repetitive nature, the Company may impose a reasonable fee, taking into account the administrative costs for the provision of the information or the execution of the requested action, or refuse to follow up on the Request by justifying the reply to you.
In the event that you do not receive a reply within the above deadline or the response you received was not satisfactory or your issue has not been resolved, you may contact the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr).
15. Do we make use of automated decision-making/ including profiling when processing your Data?
We do not take decisions, nor do we proceed to profiling, based on automated processing of your Data, except in the case of the use of “cookies” on our website, always after your information and consent.
16. What is the applicable law when we process your Data?
The applicable law is Greek law, as shaped in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679/EU, and in general the applicable national and European legislative and regulatory framework for the protection of personal data. Competent courts for any emerging disputes related to your Data are the Courts of Chania, Crete.
17. How will you be informed of any changes to this Policy?
We update this Policy whenever necessary. If there are significant changes to the Policy or to the way we use your Data, we will publish on our website the update of this Policy before the changes take effect and we will notify you in any appropriate way.
We encourage you to read, regularly, this Policy to know how your Data is protected.